What is STEM Core?
STEM Core is a cohort-based learning community designed to increase the number of underrepresented minorities in STEM fields. STEM Core students are enrolled in cohort-based Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and Engineering courses to help them develop foundational knowledge in the areas of mathematics, manufacturing, and engineering.
Program participants will take classes together, receive academic and career counseling, tutoring services, intensive math preparation, and the opportunity to apply to exclusive paid summer internships.
Overall, the program provides students the opportunity to become more involved in campus, build strong foundational skills, and explore different opportunities in the STEM field.
How to Apply
For more information on program enrollment, please contact Student Support Specialist Angie Aguilar and fill out the online application. The program is now accepting students enrolling in MATH 130 Trig, MATH 222 Pre-Calculus, or MATH 251 Calculus I in the fall.
- Take the same core classes together with your cohort
- Embedded Supplemental Instruction
- Enrichment opportunities like career panels and field trips to local universities and tech companies
- Support with creating and developing your resume
- Academic, Personal and Career Support with a Stem Student Support Specialist that is dedicated to your cohort
- Opportunities to apply for exclusive paid summer internships (To be eligible to apply for internships, you must complete math 241 and math 260 before the start of summer 2021) *Students are not guaranteed paid internships because there are only limited spaces available
Email Angie @ email@example.com
East Los Angeles College
Office Location: E7-210
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park, CA 91754
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all MESA student support programs have been moved to an online platform. You are now able to get information, book appointments with counselors, and access our tutoring center via our Zoom Front Desk: https://bit.ly/mesa-online. If you prefer, you can also text us at (323) 739-2645.