Welcome to the Veterans Resource Center
The mission of the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is to support, empower and assist military and veteran students through military-connected transitional challenges, increase student veteran retention and completion, foster the development of skills needed to succeed in their educational goals and to train faculty and staff with an awareness of military culture and how to support veterans on campus. The VRC and Veterans Club serve all enrolled student veterans, service members and their dependents, regardless of discharge status.
The VRC works collaboratively with on-campus services as well as outside veteran service providers and the Veterans Administration to provide services that focuses on academics, community, and wellness.
What makes the ELAC Veterans Resource Center stand out is that we have created a proactive case management model that partners with a variety of outside veteran's service providers. We focus on the support of the "total veteran" with each client, and help coordinate the access of services in the areas of Academic Success, Housing, Employment & Training, and Health & Wellness. This innovative approach has allowed us to address our student veterans' unique needs so they can continue their academic careers and succeed.
Getting Started at the ELAC VRC
- Priority Registration to ensure you get the right classes
- Meet with a Veterans Counselor
- Attend a Veterans College Orientation Workshop
Services We Provide at the VRC
- On and Off Campus Resource Referrals
- New Student Enrollment
- VA Benefits Enrollment
- Intake of VA Certification Packets
Transition Support & Services
- Academic Counseling
- Peer Mentors
- US VETS Wellness Counselor
- VRC Orientations
- Peer Tutors
- Veterans Study Groups, Mentoring and Free one-on-one Tutoring.
- Computer Lab with specialized software for Traumatic brain injury, PTSD and learning disabilities
- Textbook lending library
- Computer and Study Labs
- University VRC and Campus Tours
- Professional Mentor Mixers
- SALUTE - National Academic Honors Society for Veterans
- VETERANS CLUB Student Veterans of America Chapter
- V.E.T.S. (Veterans Empowering Through Sisterhood)
- Support for ELAC Faculty and Staff
- Campus and Community Events
Assistive Technology (AT)
- Use of our High Tech Center lab
- Assistance in connecting with other programs and resources
- JAWS - screen reading software program
- Zoomtext - a screen magnification
- Kurzweil 3000
- Echo SmartPen
- Digital Recorder
- William Sound System
These services are available to all our student veterans who are registered with DSP&S at ELAC.
Assistance and services provided to all enrolled veterans, service members, and dependents, regardless of discharge, and whether or not VA educational benefits are being used.
Drop-in to the Veterans Resource Center during our open hours to get started with any of our services!
To schedule an appointment, call the Veterans Resource Center at 323-415-5052.