Live Chat with a Counselor
Connect with a counselor through virtual “Express Counseling” for brief discussion with a counselor. Counselors may review topics with you for up to 15-20 minutes. Other reasons may require a follow up appointment.
Schedule—Express Counseling is typically available during the following times:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- General Questions:
- Questions on steps for new students
- Course Recommendations for 1 semester, Abbreviated SEPs
- Update Major or Ed Goal
- Campus Forms:
- Prerequisite clearance review
- Academic Renewal and Removal of substandard grade
- Additional Units Overload
- Honors Applications
- Grad Petitions (all courses taken within LACCD); UC/CSU GE certification (LACCD)
- Click the “Express Counseling” button below.
- Log in using your LACCD Student Portal credentials. If you are a prospective student without this information, please create a guest account.
- Read the consent statement and choose “Agree”
- Select an express counseling reason code. Please note, not all reason codes can be accommodated in an “express counseling” session.
- Please use Chrome or Firefox; Be prepared to offer a phone number if there are issues with the audio, visual, or chat functions.
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Building E1 - 127
(View Campus Map for location)
2340 Firestone Blvd.
South Gate, CA 90280