The Tutoring Center will offer remote tutoring for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm
Friday and Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Scheduled one on one tutoring appointments via Zoom video conferencing platform only.
- Appointments are of 45-minute duration.
- Walk-in” sessions via Zoom video conferencing platform only.
- Email questions with email reply.
To make One on One Tutoring Appointments
Students must register for a tutoring account on www.elactutoring.org/portal/student unless they have already done so through the Writing Center.
Once registered, students must enter the following information.
username = ID number
Password = ElacMMDD
Students can then make an appointment for Math tutoring by selecting the
“Math Lab One-on-One Tutoring” option, read and agree to the guidelines, and selecting the class.
How to access the Math Tutoring Center through the Zoom platform
Use the link https://laccd.zoom.us/j/2826992352
**Make sure your device has video and audio accessibility. (desk top, lap top or mobile device)
How to access the Math Tutoring Center through email
Students can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email questions are subject to “first come first serve” and availability within the hours of operation.
Student must haves for online tutoring session
- A file or picture of the original question(s) ready for upload and student work.
- A list of questions to be addressed during the session.
- Be present in an environment with minimal distractions.
How to send email questions
- In the subject line include the Math course.
- In the body begin by stating student’s full name and name of instructor.
- Upload a file or picture of the original question(s) and student work.
- Provide a list of questions or explain what needs to be addressed.
Math Tutoring Center Hours:
Friday & Saturday:
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.