- Administration of Justice
- Fire Technology
- Career and Academic Pathways
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Forensic Crime Scene Investigation
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty & Staff Office Location
- Learn More About Administration of Justice
Welcome to Fire Technology Department
The mission of the East Los Angeles College Fire Technology and Emergency Medical Technician Program is to provide quality education and training that will prepare students to protect lives, property and the environment. Valuing diversity as one of our greatest strengths, at the core of our Mission is a commitment to support a diverse student population. We recognize the importance of community partnerships and strive to offer innovative educational programs that meet the needs of our fire and emergency medical services personnel. Through continual planning, assessment and reflection we endeavor to afford our students a competitive edge in the workforce.
The fire service is one of the most dynamic employers in the country. The ELAC Fire program is designed to provide students with updated skills and knowledge necessary to complete and successfully apply for fire service positions.
The curriculum serves as an in-service program as well as a pre-employment program for students seeking employment or advancement in the profession of urban fire fighting and fire suppression, wildland firefighting and Emergency Medical Technician. Courses offered on-line and in live formats.
- Instruction from professionals practicing in the field with strong relationships in the Los Angeles County basin and surrounding areas.
- Up-to-date technical information
- Field trips to a variety of fire service locations
- Networking with other fire service members (Association of Future Firefighters)