Thank you for considering East Los Angeles College - International Student Admissions. Listed below are the steps needed to be completed in order to be admitted to East Los Angeles College.
- Prepare International Student Admission documents. The following is a checklist of
documents needed for admission:
- International student application
- One passport-sized photo
- Minimum TOEFL score of 450 or higher, computer score of 133 or higher, OR IELTS 5 or higher www.ets.org - ELAC code is 4296, OR IBT 45 or higher, OR iTEP 3.5, OR Official STEP Eiken 2A grade level or higher for Japanese students
- Most recent three years of qualifying examination result and/or certificate
- Affidavit of support (click to view: form)
- Confidential financial statement showing a minimum balance of U.S. $18,000
- US $50.00 money order, non refundable processing fee made out to ELAC-ISO, or credit card payment
- Guardian Statement - student who is under the age of 18 must have a guardian in the United States
Requirements for applicant who is applying within the United States:
- Copy of current Passport, I-94 and visa stamp,
- All current and previous status documents (I-20, DS-2019, etc)
- Transfer Status Verification Form: completed by student
- Mail official transcripts from all previous US colleges, universities, and high school
- Submit completed documentation to East Los Angeles College by mail or in person only.
East Los Angeles College
International Student Office
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park, CA 91754-6099
Application deadlines are as follows:
All documents submitted must be either an original copy or certified copy, and all documents must be translated into English.
- Receive Admission Decision
New students will receive an acceptance letter and an I-20.
Transfer students will receive provisional acceptance letter and a Notice of Intent to Transfer form. The first half of the form should be completed by the student and the second half needs to be completed by the previous college/university/language school.
Students outside the US should contact their local US Consulate/Embassy to arrange for student visa (F-1) processing.
- Report to East Los Angeles College
Students should try to arrive 3 weeks before the start of the session applied for.
The United States Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) requires all F-1 visa students to complete a minimum of twelve (12) units of course work and maintain a 2.00 grade point average (C) each semester.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Student Program at Tel: 323-265-8796 or Fax: 323-260-8192 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.