New Faculty Institute
“Being an Advocate of Student Success!”
About the Institute:
- While the faculty contract requires orientation, the Office of Professional Development’s New Faculty Institute (NFI) goes beyond the basic orientation to provide a high-quality, enriching and interactive institute for all participants.
- This 10-month program (August to May) features a unique blend of basic faculty orientation with high-level discussions and action-projects regarding student success.
- New, tenure-track faculty members are empowered to successfully serve the ELAC student body.
- the college organizational structure,
- critical campus support services provided for students and faculty,
- key support personnel,
- college policies and procedures,
- curriculum and academic policy oversight,
- as well as pedagogy in higher education.
Encourage your new faculty to participate today!
To RSVP, contact the Office of Professional Development by email or by phone.
J. Edward Stevenson
Phone: (323) 415-5078