Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs):
Classroom Assessment Techniques - T. Angelo
"The Teaching Goals Inventory (TGI) is a self-assessment of instructional goals. Its purpose is threefold: (1) to help college teachers become more aware of what they want to accomplish in individual courses; (2) to help faculty locate Classroom Assessment Techniques they can adapt and use to assess how well they are achieving their teaching and learning goals; and (3) to provide a starting point for discussion of teaching and learning goals among colleagues."
The Teaching Goals fall into six clusters:
- Basic academic success skills
- Discipline-specific knowledge and skills
- Liberal arts and academic values
- Work and career preparation
- Personal development
- Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Guidelines for Using Classroom Assessment Successfully
- Teaching Goals Activity Packet
Note: The documents above are in PDF format and will require the PDF plug-in, click here to get a free download.