Annual Update Plans and Program Review Self-Evaluation
Individual units complete an annual update plan during the fall term of each year. The purpose of the Annual Update Plan (AUP) is to help units monitor annual progress on action plans and goals and validation committee recommendations made during the comprehensive program review process; plan and implement additional changes to improve student success and institutional effectiveness; and document changes within the department and in the discipline, college, state, or surrounding community that will be useful in conducting a unit's seven-year comprehensive program review.
The Annual Update Plan is used as the central process for requesting any resources. Each unit responds to questions regarding its efforts to meet program review recommendations, their unit goals, and the college's Strategic and Educational Master Plans. These responses are used to support unit requests for staff, faculty, equipment, facilities, and augmentations to annual budget allocations; they are prioritized based on the college's planning priorities.
AUP Training Sessions
Trainings are currently divided into a number of tracks targetting specific portions of the AUP. The full training schedule can be accessed here.
Mission Statement and Goal Setting Materials
- Writing SMART Goals Handout
- Writing Mission Statements Handout
- Presentation on Misson Statements and Goal Setting
Analyzing Student Achievement (Program Completions) Data Materials
- ELAC Program Completions App
- Student Outcome vs. Student Achievement Data Handout
- Analyzing Program Completions Data Handout
Annual Update Data Packs (added July 20th)
- Degree and Certificate Awards (Fall 2012 - Spring 2016)
- Enrollments, Retention and Success by Discipline (Fall 2013 - Spring 2016)
- Hiring Prioritization Data Pack (instructional faculty)
- Hiring Prioritization Data Pack (Library, Counseling, CDC)
- Success, Retention, and Enrollments by Location and Modality (added 9/9/16)
All supplemental forms must be submitted along with the completed AUP document. Do not submit forms separately.
- Submission Log - optional checklist logging submitted documents
- Hiring Prioritization Form - for requesting a full-time faculty position (Academic Departments only)
- Human Resources Form - for requesting a classified staff position
- Facilities Request Form
- Budget Augmentation From - for requesting augmentations to unit's budget
- Perkins Request Form - CTE disciplines only
- Appendix B: Additional Narrative - for providing narrative that does not fit within the AUP word limits.