2019-2020 Financial Aid Process
Priority Deadline is March 2, 2019
Step 1: File the FAFSA/California Dream Act application before March 2, 2019
(Please see our Financial Aid Calendar for available FAFSA/Dream Act workshops)
- US Citizen, Permanent Eligible non-citizen, and eligible-resident:
- File a 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Our school code for the application is 001222. It is best to use the IRS data retrieval function to download yours and your parents’ 2017 federal tax data. It will help expedite the application process.
- AB 540/DACA Student who does not have a Social Security number:
- File a 2019-20 California Dream Act Application at http://www.csac.ca.gov. The 2019-2020 application is available now.
Step 2: Check your financial aid status around Late March 2019
- Log into the mycollege.laccd.edu
- Check the “To-do-List” for additional information needed for your financial aid process
Step 3: Fee Waiver process
- Based on the information from your FAFSA, the Financial Aid Office will automatically process a fee waiver for eligible students. Additional documentation may be requested for some students.
Step 4: Financial Aid Award Notification
The Financial Aid Office will send a notification to your LACCD emails notifying you of your award status which can be viewed or downloaded at https://mycollege.laccd.edu.
Federal Work-Study Award: If your award includes Federal Work-Study, you must attend a group FWS orientation and accept your award. Orientation schedule is posted on the Financial Aid website under menu “Apply for Financial Aid < Processing Timeline”. Student who has been awarded FWS must attend the group orientation by the end of August; otherwise, their FWS award will be cancelled by the 2nd week of September 2019.
Interested in a possible work-study job for fall 2019? Online interest form will be available around the first week of July to request federal work-study (FWS) award. Priority is given to those who had requested Federal Work-Study (FWS) on their FAFSA form and meet the eligibility requirements. Student who wishes to be considered for FWS must complete the online Request form. The form will be open for one week only. For your best chance to obtain a FWS position, complete and submit all the required documents early. Try to sign up on the first day when the online FWS Interest form becomes available.
Step 5: Financial Aid Disbursement
- All financial Aid payments are transferred electronically through the Bank Mobile Vibe refund process. All new students should look for a green envelope which provides information to create his/her Bank Mobile Vibe profile. Once the profile is created, you will be able to choose your refund/disbursement preference. Students who open a Bank Mobile Vibe account will receive a myLACCDcard debit card and information on how to activate your card and account.