Welcome to Information Technology Department
The mission of our Information Technology Department is to provide reliable high quality support with knowledgeable professionals, while providing innovation to a new wave of technology for our students and employees. The InfoTech Department works diligently on ensuring that the College including South Gate Education Center and Corporate Center are fully supported with the wide spectrum of information technology services. The InfoTech department provides services such as computer hardware and software support; systems networking; web development; Wi-Fi and wireless networks; information security; AV support for classrooms, labs, and conference rooms; and other technical support for both the Administrative and Academic departments.
As part of the nine college District, ELAC’s IT management team works effortlessly with the colleges and District’s committees in providing innovative technology to streamline and accommodate the modernization of the way we interact with our students and faculty members. One of highest priorities is ensuring campus wide computer and network usage policies are enforce for the protection of data being utilized on our college.
Please browse around our website to learn more about our campus security policies, resources, and services. If you have any questions, please come see us in the H9-100 building located next to parking lot 4. If you like to call us please do so at 323.265.8700.
Our Department Services:
- Provisioning and management of District and campus accounts. (Administrative accounts – (Email access), Office 365 – (Academic Email access), DEC, SAP, and ACE account.
- Campus-wide wireless capabilities for both Administrative and Academic environments.
- Technical HelpDesk Support for the entire College Community.
- Programming electronic card access for classrooms, and offices.
- Campus-wide installation and support for College software and hardware.
- Installations of the latest instructional software requirements for Computer labs.
- Smart Classroomsstations in several classrooms have modernized the methods of teaching and instructions.
- GoPrint a campus wide printing solution for the Academic Environment.
- Student and Employee ID System used to print photo ID.
- Macintosh/PC hardware inventory and software support.
- Website development for departments and College programs.
- Online Learning Management System. Academic Portal.