CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids), previously GAIN, is a program offering training and support services to students receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families), previously AFDC.
These services include:
- Vocational Training
- Liaison with DPSS (Department of Public Social Services) regarding training programs and contracts
- Child Care Assistance and Referrals
- Work Study Assignments, on/off campus
- Job development: Employment Skills, Resumes, Interview Skills, Job Opportunities
- Learning Assistance and Tutorial coursework
* Students: Please note that the CalWORKs Program can assist you in meeting the new 32/35 hour work participation requirement, which can include the hours you are attending classes.
The CalWORKs Program has relocated to the A5 bungalow (adjacent to the North-West parking lot). See the Campus Map for the exact location. The hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
For more detailed information on the services offered, please contact the CalWORKs Program at (323) 265-8998.