Adelante First Year Experience
What is Adelante?
The Adelante First Year Experience Program began in 2006 as a comprehensive program that seeks to improve student preparation, retention and transfer through collaboration among instructors, student-tutors, counselors, and Adelante staff. Today, the Adelante program continues to serve first year students by providing the necessary academic support to succeed. Our focus is on students who place into English 21.
The Adelante Program brings together student services, a stimulating learning environment, and committed faculty, which together will provide all Adelante first year students with the very best opportunity to success in their higher level courses.
- Commitment to the Adelante First Year Program for a minimum of one year
- Participation in Adelante First Year Program activities and events
- Enroll in Adelante First Year Program courses
- Qualify for Math 105, Math 110 or Reading 20, must start Summer 2015
- Qualify for Math 110, 115, 125, or 227 and English 21, 28, or 101 by Fall 2015
- Registered ELAC Student with 0 units completed or below 12 units for accelerated math option
- Concurrent enrolled high school students must not be on academic probation