- COVID-19 Updates and Resources
INTERNET PROVIDER RESOURCES
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, some Internet providers are offering free or low-cost services to households with students and low-income families.
Note that these are services from third-party providers and not from any campus department.
- FCC agreement (PDF) stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot spots.
- Comcast: offers free WiFi for two months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot spots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter/Spectrum: free internet offer for two months.
- AT&T: offers open hot spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans for low-income families.
- Verizon: no special offers but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting March 17, will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- California Connects is an affordable broadband mobile internet program for the California Community Colleges. For $19.99 per month*, California community college students, faculty and staff can connect up to 10 devices to the California Connects mobile hotpot anytime and anywhere in the United States to study, work, create and stay connected. Service can be canceled and reactivated anytime without penalty. (*Please note: initial one-time device cost is not included in the monthly service cost).
If you do not have access to the internet at home, you may be able to use your smart phone to act as a “hot spot” that will allow you to connect your laptop to the internet.
The below link gives a step by step tutorial on how to turn on your smart phone’s Wi-Fi and connect to the internet:
Due to the "Stay at Home" statewide directive, services will only be available via LiveChat and Email through the ConexEd portal. To connect with one of our VRC Staff members click here:
VRC LIVE CHAT
Hours of Operation*
FALL 2020 VIRTUAL HOURS
*All services during hours of operation are offered online or by phone only.