The California State University (CSU) system comprises of 23 campuses. CSU campuses offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in the liberal arts, sciences, & applied fields and professions.
CSU Minimum Transfer Requirements:
- CSU Minimum Transfer Requirements:
- Written Communication: English 101
- Oral Communication: Communication Studies 101
- Critical Thinking: Communication Studies 104; English 102 (after SP 05), 103; Philosophy 6, 8(after FA 08)
- Math: Business 15(after FA 13); General Engineering 121, 221; Mathematics 215(after FA 14), 227, 230, 235, 236, 241, 245, 260, 261, 262, 263, 270, 272(after FA 12), 275, 280, 284, 286: Psychology 91
- * NOTE: Some AP scores of 3 or higher meet the Math requirement. (see CSU GE for more information)
- Complete at least 60 transferable semester units with a GPA of 2.0 or higher. The major, campus, and/or applicant pool may require a higher GPA due to competitive or high-impact campuses or programs.
- Along with general education (GE), fulfill your major's requirements for transfer. Visit www.assist.org to view specific major requirements. To satisfy GE, utilize CSU GE or IGETC. Meet with a counselor or take Counseling 1 to help you choose your GE plan and/or a major.
- Apply now using this link! All CSU's begin accepting applications for the following Fall semester starting October 1st. Transferring another term? Make sure to check the dates and deadlines or meet with a counselor.
General Education Patterns
- IGETC (pdf) - which meets University of California "UC" & Cal State University "CSU" general education requirements completion not recommended for certain science and engineering majors
- CSU GE (pdf) - which meets Cal State University "CSU" general education requirements completion not recommended for certain science or engineering majors.
What is impaction?
When the number of applications received by a CSU campus from qualified applicants is greater than the number of available spaces, a campus is considered “impacted” for undergraduate degree programs or for undergraduate students who apply from outside the local admission area.
In this case, an impacted campus is allowed to use additional criteria to screen applications.
Academic Program Impaction for 2018-19
All undergraduate programs, pre-programs, and undeclared/undecided programs are impacted for the following campuses: (Click on the campus for major specific requirements)
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Fresno State
- CSU Fullerton
- CSU Long Beach
- San Diego State University
- San José State
Campuses without the impaction designation at the program or campus level are open to all CSU eligible applicants.
|Some majors impacted||Non impacted|
Cal Poly Pomona
CSU East Bay
CSU Monterey bay
CSU San Bernardino
CSU San Marcos
|CSU Dominguez Hills
CSU Channel Islands
CSU Maritime Academy
CSU San Francisco