What is ASU?
The Associated Student Union (ASU) is the official Student Government of East Los Angeles College. The ASU board is made up of Executive officers, and Senators which seek to represent its' constituents. ASU advocates the needs of the student body at the College, District, and State levels. We encourage student involvement and participation in the Student Government. Do you know who is reprensenting you at East Los Angeles College Student Government? Click here to get to know who the Executive Board for ASU 2018 - 2019, that advocates for you as a student. Want to be part of the Student Government? ASU currently has Senator positions available, click here to download application.
Who can join?
All registered students at East Los Angeles College can join by paying the member fee of $7.00 Fall/Spring ASU fee. ($3.00 for Winter/Summer sessions). Membership supports the activities of the ASU and other student organizations including campus clubs.
What are the benefits of becoming an ASU member?
- 30 copies per semester
- Snacks during finals week
- Community discount card
- Promotional items at ASU events
- Flash drive for Dean/President's list
- 30 scantrons/green books (Fall/Spring)
- 15 scantrons/green books (Summer/Winter)
- Entrance at ELAC football/basketball games
- Book Rental Program
- ASU Scholarships (Fall/Spring)
- Access to ASU parking structures, with paid parking permit
- Discounted coffee at Husky Grab and Go (Main Campus only)
*Student ID required with ASU sticker to access ASU benefits*
*While supplies last*
ASU is located in Main Campus East Los Angeles College on building Campus Student Center in Student Activities Office F5-212
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (323) 265-8742