Medical Health Insurance

ELAC Student Study Group

All F-1 international students are required to enroll in medical insurance through the Los Angeles Community College District. Once International Student registration is transmitted to the District, student will receive the medical insurance membership card.

Visit this site to find out the policy coverage: Los Angeles Community College District.

Students are encouraged to visit the college campus nurse at Student Health Center before visiting the doctor (unless it is an emergency). Co-payment will be waived if you first get treated by the campus nurse.

All refunds to students, who have paid the IMED fee, will be done by the Vendor. This will require the student to complete a form at the International Student Office that will be signed by both the International Student Advisor and the Fiscal/Business Office.