Thank you for considering East Los Angeles College - International Student Admissions. The application must be submitted on-line and the supplemental documents can be submitted via scan/email/mail or in-person. Once you submit an on-line application, you will receive an email with information on how to submit your supplemental documents. Your application will be processed once ALL documents are received. Allow up to two weeks (excluding weekends and holidays) for processing.
To access our on-line application, please click on this link:
East Los Angeles College International Students On-Line Application
|Semester||Outside the U.S.||Within the U.S.|
|Spring||September - November 1||September - December 15|
|Fall||April - June 15||April - July 15|
Listed below are the supplemental documents needed to be completed in order to be admitted to East Los Angeles College.
- One passport-sized photo
- Minimum TOEFL score of 45 or higher (ELAC code is 4296), OR IELTS 5 or higher, OR iTEP 3.5 or higher, OR Official STEP Eiken 2A grade level or higher for Japanese students only
- Most recent three years of Academic Records/Transcript
- Affidavit of Support (click to view: form)
- Confidential Financial Statement showing a minimum balance of U.S. $18,000
- US $50.00 money order, non-refundable application processing fee made out to ELAC-ISO
- Guardian Statement - student who is under the age of 18 must have a guardian in the United States (click to view: form)
- Copy of current Passport, I-94 and visa stamp, (Transfer Students Only)
- All current and previous status documents (I-20, DS-2019, etc) (Transfer Students Only)
- Transfer Status Verification Form: completed by student(Transfer Students Only)
- Mail official transcripts from all previous US colleges, universities, and high school (Transfer Students Only)
All documents submitted must be translated and certified into English scan/email to our department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New students will receive an acceptance letter and an I-20.
- Transfer students will receive provisional acceptance letter and a Notice of Intent to Transfer form. The first half of the form should be completed by the student and the second half needs to be completed by the previous college/university/language school.
- Students outside the US should contact their local US Consulate/Embassy to arrange for student visa (F-1) processing.
Report to East Los Angeles College
Students should try to arrive 3 weeks before the start of the session applied for.
CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT @ ELAC
Submit Concurrent Enrollment @ ELAC checklist item (Download Form Here) after submitting your online application, please submit the checklist item to the International Student Office (G1-101) or sent via email to email@example.com.
Note: All applicants are not able to add classes during registration period will require a permission code issued by the ELAC instructor after class in session.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Students Admission (G1-101)
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez, Monterey Park, CA 91754-6099
Tel: 323-265-8796 or Fax: 323-260-8192 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.