- Information Technology Department
- IT Announcements
- Student IT Services
- Faculty & Staff IT Services
- Academic Computing Environment
- College Email
- SIS Portal (Faculty and Students)
- Info Tech Security
- District Policies
- Web Accessibility
To: All Colleges and Educational Services Center Employees (ESC)
Subject: Notice of Power Outage – Fire Department Regulation IV Testing at ESC – District Wide Impact ALL CORE TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS AFFECTED
Re: Friday, June 26th at 3:00 PM – Sunday, June 28th at 8:00 PM
Annually, the ESC is subject to the Los Angeles County Fire Department's Regulation IV testing of fire, life and safety equipment. As part of the inspection and testing process, electricity to the ESC will be turned off including power to the elevators. The preparation and testing process will begin at 3:00 PM on Friday, June 26th and will conclude on Sunday, June 28th at 6:00 PM.
The Information Technology Department will begin shutting down core technology systems at 3:00 PM on June 26th. Web traffic will be re-routed to a landing page that will allow students and faculty to access Canvas and for staff access to Office 365. With the exception of SIS, all systems will be restored by 6:00 PM on Saturday, June 27th. SIS will be restored on Sunday, June 28th at approximately 8:00 PM.
Information Technology Systems Affected by the ESC Power Outage:
- PeopleSoft Student Information Systems (SIS) – SIS
- PeopleSoft Student Information System (SIS) Reporting Environment (RPT)
- SAP – GUI
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (Also Known as CMMS)
- Business Objects (Also Known As BobJ)
- Human Resources – Personnel Administration, Organization Management (Also Known as PA, OM)
- Personnel Change Request (Also Known As – PCR)
- Payroll, & Time Reporting including Electronic Time Report (Also Known As eTime Reporting
- Business Warehouse Reporting (Also Known As – BW) capability, broadcasting, and IES programs
- Employee Self Services (Also Known As – ESS )
- Manager Self Services (Also Known As – MSS)
- Evaluation System (Also Known As EASY)
- Electronic Budget Transfer (Also Known As – eBTA)
- Procurement (Also Known As - Purchase Order and Purchase Requisition)
- All Accounting functions (Accounts Payable, Journal Voucher, Postings)
- Legacy DEC
- VPN, Remote access
- Web Services (www.laccd.edu, lacolleges.net, SAP portal, SIS web servers)
- Building/Engineering Management Systems (Bentley/Projectwise)
- Library System (Sirsi)
- Bookstore System (Winprism, NBC)
- ESC Building Operational Systems – water, ventilation, fire system.
During the Regulation IV testing, the following online services will remain operational:
- Office 365, faculty, staff and student LACCD email account
- Canvas, learning management solution for online classes
- NetTutor, free online tutoring in English, Math, ESL and Statistics
- Campus Logic, Financial Aid Verification e-forms
- Vision Resource Center, statewide system for accessing, tracking, sharing and promoting professional development.
District I.T. Specialists and the ESC building management will be onsite to ensure power to the ESC is shut down and restored. Additionally, District I.T. specialists will ensure that I.T. systems are brought down and powered back up as quickly as possible.
Student Email Notification
Dear LACCD Student:
Subject line: MyCollege.laccd.edu Student Portal Upgrade
The LACCD has an important announcement about your MyCollege.LACCD.edu student portal.
As of October 14, 2019, LACCD will be upgrading the platform with improved navigation and other easy-to-use features.
The system will be accessible from computers, smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices using your preferred Internet browser without a specific APP. The LACCD “smart phone” app will be discontinued as of October 1, 2019. You will be able to uninstall the app from your mobile devices and go to MyCollege.LACCD.edu to access your student records, register for classes, view your financial aid and pay any educational fees.
A link to informational videos about using the new MyCollege.LACCD.edu 9.2 student portal will be available on the MyCollege.LACCD.edu sign on page. You can also access the videos under the “Key Link & Help” navigation tile on the student homepage on or after October 14. We encourage you to view the information videos before logging on to the new MyCollege.LACCD.edu 9.2 student portal the first time.
For telephone support, call the toll free number at (844) MYLACCD or (844) 695-2223, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please note, that the student information system will be offline starting 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 10 until 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 13 to move the MyCollege.LACCD.edu 9.2 student upgrade to production.
I’m confident that you will enjoy using the new upgraded features and will find the system easier to navigate, especially on your mobile devices.
The Los Angeles Community College District Administration
October 14th, 2019 - SENT ON BEHALF OF VICE CHANCELLOR RYAN CORNNER: