Welcome to the Law program at East Los Angeles College – ELAC-LAW.
Interested in a career in Law, Government, International Business and Global Trade, Public Service, Law Enforcement and related legal fields?
ELAC LAW offers streamlined pathways to legal careers and transfer to four-year universities, including paths to launch students toward well-paying legal careers - including Attorney, Legal Support Professional, Paralegal and Legal Assistant, and Government Specialist.
ELAC-LAW provides an associate degree for transfer to 4-year universities that helps prepare students for Law School or other Graduate School programs.
Lawyer / Attorney Pathway:
- Transfer to 4-year university, graduate Law School and become licensed
- Embark on an exciting career as an Attorney at Law (L.A.Area Attorney Job Openings: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=attorney+or+lawyer&l=california&radius=50)
- Attorney Annual Income: $145,300 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes231011.htm))
ELAC-LAW provides certifications to prepare students for immediate access to jobs in well-paying legal, government and law-related careers.
Legal Support Professional, Paralegal and Legal Assistant Pathway:
- Legal Office Assistant Certificate - Complete in 1 semester
- Executive Legal Assistant Certificate of Achievement
- International Law and Public Policy Certificate of Achievement
- Legal Support Professional Certificate of Achievement
- Legal Support Professional Annual Income: $70,840 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes232099.htm))
- Paralegal Annual Income: $55,020 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes232011.htm)
- Local Government Specialist Annual Income: $51,890 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes211099.htm)
- Paralegal and Legal Support Annual Job Postings: 7,720 (Centers of Excellence: http://www.coeccc.net/Search.aspx#idDetailPanel)
- Paralegal Annual Job Openings: projected 3,900 (Centers of Excellence http://www.coeccc.net/Search.aspx#idDetailPanel)